Advanced Placement” (AP) is a program of college-level courses in our high schools and Mississippi Virtual Public School. Course options offered annually during student registration include courses in English, history, math, and science. AP courses can help students acquire the skills and study habits to be successful in college. Participation in AP courses also increases writing, problem-solving, and time-management skills. College credit may be granted with an acceptable score on the AP Exam which is taken in the spring of each year.
Sunflower County Consolidated School District - Dual Enrollment Criteria
Academic Eligibility Criteria for Participation in Mississippi’s Dual Enrollment System
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all high school courses and
- Minimum composite ACT score of 30 or the equivalent SAT score and
- Written recommendation from school principal or guidance counselor
Sunflower County Consolidated School District’s Dual Enrollment Process
- Complete the District’s Dual Enrollment Application.
- Determine academic eligibility for participation in Mississippi’s Dual Enrollment System with your high school guidance counselor.
- Complete all college requirements and submit fees to school counselor. Only money orders will be accepted, payable to the college/university.
Special Note: Withdrawal from the college/university is a responsibility of the student and not SCCSD.
→ AP and Dual Enrollment Recommendation Application