The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) initiative is federal funding source dedicated to provide academic enrichment opportunities for children and their families by providing a safe environment for students when school is not in session.
The purpose of these programs are to:
· Create community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities for children to meet the state’s Core Curriculum Content Standards in core academic subjects;
· Offer students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs before and/or after-school or during hours when school is not in session and;
· Offer literacy and other educational services to families of participating students. Activities vary from site to site.
Sunflower County Consolidated District’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers programs operate under the guidelines of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers grants that renders service to students grades K-12.
The SCCSD 21st Century Community Learning Centers Sites:
· A.W. James Elementary School
· Carver Elementary School
· Drew Hunter Elementary School
· East Sunflower Elementary School
· Gentry High School
· Inverness Elementary School
· James C. Rosser Elementary School
· Lockard Elementary School
· Moorhead Middle School
· Robert L. Merritt Junior High School
· Restoration Ministries Christian Academy
· Ruleville Central Elementary School
· Ruleville Central High School
· Ruleville Middle School
Testing/21st Century Grant Coordinator: Ms. Li'Thesia Kent
Location: Admin. Building II Office, 702 Hwy 82 E, Indianola, MS 38751
Phone: 662-884-1220 / Fax: 662-887-7042