Sunflower County Consolidated School District is committed to ensuring that all students are college and career ready graduates.
SCCSD 2017-2018 Dropout Prevention Plan (link)
SHORT TERM GOALS
Based on need assessments, test scores and other school data the following short term goals have been developed:
GOAL I: Incorporate best practices for instruction to increase student achievement in literacy
- Objective 1: Provide all staff with on-going/job-embedded professional development on research based practices in teaching literacy.
- Objective 2: Provide assistance to teachers in data analysis to develop instructional plans for students.
GOAL II: Provide behavioral support systems to enhance students' decision making skills
- Objective 1: Train teachers and administrators in implementation of a Positive Behavior Intervention Support Systems
- Objective 2: Create partnerships that will assist students in building positive relationships and make positive decisions
- Objective 3: Restructure district guidance personnel to provide at least one counselor per school
GOAL III: Provide support systems to improve students’ academic performance
- Objective 1: Provide teacher training on selection and use of appropriate interventions of the RTI 3 Tier process
- Objective 2: Increase the number of students who participate in after school tutorial and remediation programs
LONG TERM GOALS
Based on short term goals and objectives the Sunflower County Consolidated School District has developed the following long term goals:
GOAL I: Increase the graduation rate by 10% over the next five years.
GOAL II: Decrease dropout rate by 10% over the next five years.
GOAL III: Decrease truancy by 10% over the next five years.